Monday, October 13, 2008

Monday Morning Motivation

After all the bad news, we need some good news to jump start our week. I subscribe to this email and you can too:

Start Selling More Newsletter
Issue 382

StartSelling more


Screw The Recession

Yesterday I was talking to a sales person, Griff Neighbors,
who I've known for more than 10 years.

He said Jim, "I took your advice and have a white board in
my office. On the whiteboard I wrote, Screw The Recession."

This got me thinking about what's going on in our country,
especially during the last week or so. You and I can't
control any of it.

Sure we can vote on November 4 and we should - I already
have using an absentee ballot.

Look, it's the fourth quarter. When it comes to your sales
quota right now you are over plan, at plan, or under plan.

It really doesn't matter, the good news is you still have
plenty of time to exceed your year end sales quota. As you
read that sentence if your first thought is “That’s
impossible” - then for you unfortunately it is.

Your actions follow your thoughts - so never think in a
negative way. Never!

Nothing in the world is impossible unless you happen to
agree that it is.

“Selling is a battle,” Griff said this too. His biggest
account took a tumble this year - but he ain't QUITTING,
and neither should you.

There are winners and losers.

The winners keep winning and the losers keep whining.

I'd be making my numbers . . .

If my company was more supportive of my selling efforts.

If my company had more people.

If we had a better customer service department.

If I had a better sales territory.

If our marketing department had better literature and
brochures.

If we had a better website.

If my competition wasn't always using lowball pricing
tactics.

If my customers weren't always asking for better
pricing.

If we had a stronger economy.

If the stock market wasn't spiraling downward.

Balderdash – just a bunch of cockamamie excuses!

Don't spend a nanosecond thinking about excuses. Focus
your attention, like a laser beam, on specific and
written action steps that will help you reach your
goals and have a positive impact on selling results.

Imagine Lance Armstrong saying or thinking, if only I
didn't have cancer I might be able to win the
Tour de France.

In fact he did have cancer and he won the Tour de France
a record-breaking seven consecutive years, from 1999-2005.
He is the only individual to win the race seven times.
Remarkable!

Imagine Erik Weihenmayer saying or thinking, if only
I wasn't blind I would climb Mount Everest. In fact
Erik, who is blind, successfully climbed Mt. Everest
on May 25, 2001 as part of the NFB 2001 Everest
expedition. This may be even more remarkable!

Ordinary people can do remarkable things. If you don't
see your name in today's obituary it means you have the
opportunity to do remarkable things
.

Forget about thinking times are tough. Start thinking
screw the recession.

There are valuable lessons here. I've heard it said that
the game of golf is "Between your ears."

So is the business of selling - "It's between your ears."

How you think is everything. How you spend your time is
everything. What you do every day is everything.

Winners are doers who spend their days "Doing."

Whiners are thinkers who spend their days "Wondering."

If you're "Wondering" while you're working, what are you
doing in your spare time?

For the next 2.5 months take some personal ownership in
your sales effort and your selling results. It's all
about personal accountability.

John Miller wrote an excellent book on the subject, of
personal accountability, called Q.B.Q. I put the book
back on top of my recommended reading list and you
can use this link to check it out.

Here is the link:
http://www.startsellingmore.com/readinglist.html

When the going gets tough, the winners go to work.

When the going gets tough, the whiners start pointing
fingers.

Screw the recession!

To wrap this up, I'm reminded of something William H.
Johnsen once said, "If it is to be, it is up to me."

Screw the recession!


Send this link to all of your sales associates so they
can read
"Screw The Recession."
http://www.startsellingmore.com/screw-the-recession.html



Ready To Ship . . .

It took a little longer than I expected. My new Sales
Manual, "57 Sales Tips To Reinvent And Distinguish
Yourself From Your Competition
," is now available in
three versions.

You can get these 57 Sales Tips in a printed version,
an e-book version, and it's now available in a CD format.
Two CDs and 2.4 hours of me spilling my guts out how to
sell during these tough times.

Go here for complete details:
http://www.startsellingmore.com/57-sales-tips.html


New Website Design . . .

Check out the new look to my website and let me know
what your reaction is.

http://www.startsellingmore.com


Links To Previous Newsletters

Selling What's Different

Selling Countdown

To Prejudge Is To Misjudge

Selling And Going For The Gold

Personal Selling - It's Time For A Tune-up


Favorite Quotes

These are exciting times I hope you find these words of
wisdom inspiring and motivating - I know I do.


Be bold-and mighty forces will come to your aid.
Author: Basil King

Fear is that little darkroom where negatives are
developed.
Author: Michael Pritchard

It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief.
And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things
begin to happen.
Author: Claude M. Bristol

Whoever said, "It's not whether you win or lose that
counts," probably lost.
Author: Martina Navratilova


A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you
cannot do.
Author: Walter Bagehot

One man has enthusiasm 10 minutes, another 10 days, but
it is the man who has it 10 years who makes a success
of his life.
Author: Edward B. Butler

People who come up with "It may not work" or "What are
we going to do if it fails?" do not have the credentials
to be businessmen. If there is only a 1 percent chance
of success, a true businessperson sees that 1 percent
as the spark to light a fire.
Author: Kim Woo-choong

Start selling more today and everyday . . .

Jim Meisenheimer

20.5 years . . .
514 customers . . .
83.3% repeat business

P.S. Two more left. (2) sets of my CD six-packs.

CD six-pack includes these titles:

> Are You Complete To Compete

> How To Avoid Sounding Pathetic During A Sales Call

> 35 Ways To Differentiate Yourself

> Closing The Sale

> How To Sell Anything For List Price - Really

> 75 Little Things You Can Do To Grow Your Business

Screw the recession - now you can after listening to these CDs.

Get your sixpack here:

http://tinyurl.com/4hgoko


In-house Sales Training | Sell More Blog | More sales articles | Time Management book

To subscribe:

It's easy to subscribe to my newsletter. To join send a blank email to:

startsellingmore@zoom.netatlantic.com


Jim Meisenheimer | 13506 Blythefield Terrace | Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202 | 941-907-0415

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: