Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Getting Past the "Blow off"


This mornings Sales Training Piece arrived in my email yesterday:

This Week's Tip:
Responding to "I'm not interested."

Greetings!

So you make a prospecting call, deliver your opening,
and their response is a quick,

"I'm not interested."

Or, "We don't need that."

Or something similar.

What do you do?

Many reps say "Thankyouverymuch" and hang up.

Granted, this is not a position where you are going to
have your greatest shot at success, percentage-wise.

This is like a football team starting from their own
two-yard line, 30 seconds to go in the game, and
down by eight points. It's tough to pull this one out.

However, it's not impossible. It still is worth running
another play. After all, you are there anyway and
there's still time on the clock.

First, let's assess the situation. Are those prospect
"not interested" responses REAL objections?

Of course not. They are attempts to get salespeople
off the phone. And they usually work. So prospects
keep using them.

I call them Triple R's; Resistant Reflex Responses.

They are reflexive, just like most people typically flinch
without thinking about it, reflexively, when startled. In
this case, people say these things without thinking, in
response to what they consider a typical sales call.

So what should we do?

Well, I have an actual recorded example for you at
my Telesales Blog, http://www.TelesalesBlog.com

I typically don't send you to a website from my emailed
tip, but I'd like you to hear this recording. There, I will also
provide my take on it.

And I also want to start a discussion on how others
react to this response. I will ask for input from readers,
which you can post right there at the Telesales Blog,
and I will provide my comments to comments from the field.

I'll see you there: http://www.TelesalesBlog.com

Quote of the Week
"Nothing could be worse than the fear that one had
given up too soon, and left one unexpended effort that
might have saved the world."
Jane Addams

Go and have your best week ever!


ArtSobczak@BusinessByPhone.com
Business By Phone Inc.
13254 Stevens St.
Omaha, NE 68137
USA
(402)895-9399

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: