Sunday, June 01, 2008

Seth's What Every Good Marketer Knows-1


Learning is more than memorizing, although there are certain things that are important to have etched in your brain.

Multiplication tables that I learned a couple decades ago, I still use on occasion. (Quick what's 8 x 7?)

But if I never had the occasion to apply what I've learned and use it every once in awhile, it would fade away.

What you are about to see is the beginning of another series. The first series was from Scott Ginsberg, the Nametag guy, who gave us 50 networking tips. Last week, we wrapped up 26 sales tips from envelope guru Harvey Mackay.

Today, I'm starting a series from Seth Godin. Like the previous two series, I'll give you one new thought each day.

Why?

Because small bites are easier to chew on, savor, reflect upon, think about, and perhaps apply to your life. However if you are impatient, you can click here for the complete blog post written on Mothers Day weekend.

For the rest of us, let's start:

What do you know?

Three years ago, I published this list, which was very much a riff, not a carefully planned manifesto. It has held up pretty well. Feel free to reprint or otherwise use, as long as you include a credit line. I've added a few at the bottom...

What Every Good Marketer Knows:

  • Anticipated, personal and relevant advertising always does better than unsolicited junk.
Obviously, knowing what to do is very, very different than actually doing it.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: