Sunday, December 14, 2008

Lessons from Drew's Grandmother

Drew McLellan has an Italian Grandmother, and a few days ago he sent me the following email which I have waited until today to share, because there are lots of links for you to click on:

Everything is marketing

Posted: 08 Dec 2008 05:37 AM CST

70672269 I conducted the MMG brand discovery process for a non-profit over the weekend (hard to gather volunteer board members during the work week) and at the end of a long but fruitful day, their board president said, "I've learned so much today. Not just about marketing our organization but this stuff applies to my work, my relationships...my life!"

He's right of course. Marketing's core lessons are not only universal but they're really basic tenants of relationships.

A few years ago, I wrote a series that I think is a very good reminder to all of us of these core lessons. I hope you'll take a few minutes and read the entire "Marketing Tips from My Italian Grandma" series. Even if you vaguely remember some of them...I promise an ah ha moment or two.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: