Monday, January 28, 2008

Give to Get explained


I have read a couple of postings on the blog Small Fuel Marketing that discuss giving away stuff to get stuff. You can read them for yourself here.

This morning, a former co-worker of mine called me up with a referal for advertsing for a new client of his, which I appreciate. Chris is a quality individual and the company he is with has an incredible offer and as long as he sticks with it, it should pay off for him and the clients he serves.

Give of yourself:

Look around and see how you can help others. I have been asked to (and have said yes) to serving on a marketing advisory board for a local financial planning firm; serve on the board of directors and as a Vice-President of the Central Lions club in my community; serve on the board of directors for the Advertising Federation of Fort Wayne and the program committee; serve on the marketing advisory board for the area Boy Scout Council.

Previously I served for a few years as the Education Director of a local Business Networking International chapter, and before that, I chaired a safety board for a local manufacturer.

The reason for giving of my time was to help the people, or the cause that the organization was supporting.

The result has been doors opened, referals, and hopefully a good reputation for being striaght forward and honest. And when I do make a mistake, I usually get a second chance do to treating people right.

What do you give away?

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: