Friday, January 16, 2009

Social Network Conflicts


What happens when you join a social network (MySpace, FaceBook, LinkedIn, etc) and they display ads that are against what you do?

A friend of mine dropped out of LinkedIn and sent an email to his contacts to explain why.

I personally have not had any problems with LinkedIn or any others. But what do you think about Andrew's complaint? Should he stay or go?

Read his own words:

Andrew Zelt has sent you a message.

Date: 1/15/2009

Subject: Andrew Zelt leaving LinkedIn?

Hello Everyone; Some of you I have not seen for awhile and some of you I see often however I wanted to send an email to everybody to let them know that I am canceling my LinkedIn account. Some of you I told to join LinkedIn so I wanted to explain. My complaint is simple, on the right hand side of the webpage of my public profile there is either derogatory information or ads for competitors (no matter which business I listed) that are not even in our area. Ok, Ok the competitor’s ads thing may be a little over sensitive but recently I saw a link right on my page that alluded to Pre –Paid Legal being some sort of lie, and there was more than one that talked about it being a scam or that people are not being told the truth. I am a member and an agent and I know several people that have been members for years and are very happy with them. At the very least it is unnecessary for LinkedIn to do this in my opinion so as the old saying goes if you don’t like it leave it. So I guess for now I will retreat to Facebook with whom I have no complaints at this time.(lol) Happy Networking Andrew Zelt

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: