Thursday, May 07, 2009

Less Annoying


20 years ago, I lived in Metro Detroit.

It was a bit of culture shock for this kid from Indiana at first, mostly the way the clerks at convenience stores were barricaded behind bullet proof glass.

That wasn't the way it was where I was from. They would talk to you from a little microphone and you'd put your money in the drawer.

This morning I came across a blog post from Perry Belcher about how Target has become less annoying. I wonder if they have this policy in Detroit?

I went into my local Target last night to buy summer clothes for my sons Sam & Ben. I spent more than $500 and paid with a credit card, the cool part is… They never asked for my I.D. For $500 bucks.

I had noticed this seem to be a new policy at Target on smaller purchases.

Kudos to you Target. The first retailer to realize when you don’t treat your customers like criminals the tend to like that.

I’m sure Target will get hit with some fraud but the upside in sales will far outweigh the peanuts this new policy will cost.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: