Saturday, May 31, 2008

W.I.I.F.M.



What's In It For Me.

My wife found this on the web recently. It's from Eric Pennington.

It's a good reminder for everyone:

Things Customers Don't Care About

Took on a consulting project with a company who's focus is on event marketing. As I talked to the president this morning, the following list came to my mind (we were discussing what customers care about specifically):

  • Customers don't care about a salesperson's volume goal.
  • Customers don't care about your sales ranking (specifically inside your organization).
  • Customers don't care about the fine print in your literature/contract.
  • Customers don't care if your manager read you the riot act in the morning conference call.
  • Customers don't care about who should get the blame (inside your organization)for an order botched.
  • Customers don't care about the poor technology your organization refuses to give up.
  • Customers don't care about how tough your market is.

One thing was clear after our conversation; customers care about relationship (do you care, can you be trusted, can you be a difference-maker) and value (when the transaction is complete the customer feels good).

Remember the initials W.I.I.F.M. is what your customers are asking themselves when your lips are moving. Make sure you focus on W.I.I.F.M. from the customers perspective, not yours.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: