Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Got 5 minutes & 6 seconds to watch a video?

I am a curious individual. I want to know how things work, how people work, what makes things and people tick, react and respond.

I read. I discovered the other day that most of my internet time was reading time. I also read the old fashioned way with books, papers and the like.

I will read books in 5 minute chunks. Sometimes an hour's worth of 5 minute chunks at one time.

I thought it might be due to a short attention span, but it is due to the process of being stimulated to think about what I have just read. I can't digest any more until I have chewed on that which I have just read. This is the learning process based on curiosity and application (in contrast to the learning process based on memorization).

Right now I'm reading two books nearly everyday for at least 5 minutes daily. Blink by Malcolm Gladwell. And Purple Cow by Seth Godin.

The video is from Seth's Blog. I found out about it because I get updates from his blog sent to me daily. (By the way, you can get updates from this blog sent to your email daily too. Just enter your email in the box on the right side of this page). Enjoy.



http://www.typepad.com/t/trackback/2123/25325914

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: