Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Excuse Me?


Found this in an email from SalesDog.com last year:

Drop the Excuses
by Tony Cole

In 'today's economy', we all have a built-in, ready-made excuse to not hit sales goals. Let me state here that I am not denying the economy does make it difficult to sell. It, however, does not make it impossible. Surely someone in your market is selling. It starts with how you think, not what you do.

The market did not disappear. It shrunk. It slowed down. It isn't what it used to be 18 months ago. But the market is still there.

I have a prospect on the east coast that told me they don't have money to spend on salespeople. I have a new client on the west coast that committed $200,000 to kick off a program this month. It will last a year. I promise you their industry is suffering as much as any other.

What is the difference? One is using a convenient excuse.

Take a minute or two to analyze your business and find out what you have to do differently to get results. Ask yourself: If I didn't use that as an excuse, what would I be doing differently? I promise you, it will make all the difference in your results this and every year.

Tony Cole is President and CEO of Anthony Cole Training Group. As a former educator and university coach, Tony helped individuals improve their game not by 'running faster' but with significant and tactical behavioral changes. After 10 years in direct sales and sales management, Tony began to ignite that fire with other firms in 1993. Learn more at his site.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: