Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Blogging as a Marketing Tool


What you are reading is a blog about Advertising, Marketing, Sales and the Creative Process. There is nothing to buy, I have nothing to sell.

One day that may change. But for now, this is a tool for you to use, free of charge, that I provide as a service for you and anyone that you want to refer to this spot on the internet.

There are at least 3 new posts, 7 days a week. Every post includes a story, article, or information that I gathered from someone else. That's why this is Collective Wisdom, not just mine.

This is a marketing tool for me. So is my website at WWW.ScLoHo.net which has links to more blogs that I keep up to date.

I earn my living by advising others on advertising and marketing. I work for Summit City Radio in Fort Wayne, Indiana, which is a collection of radio stations and websites. If you are looking for a way to successfully reach new customers in Northeast Indiana, I can help. If not through Summit City Radio, then I can refer you to a whole host of other options because of the contacts and friendships I have made over the years.

If you want to contact me, simply send an email with your contact information to scloho (at) scloho (dot) net. Replace the words in ( ) with the symbols.

But what about you and your blog? Is it for your business? Are you using it for marketing?

Blogging for Dollars

Michael Martine of Remarkablogger defines a business blog as one that supports the sales and marketing efforts of your company; and if it's going to be successful, he says, your business blog needs to include elements like these:

Basic information about your company. Tell your readers about your business, what you do, about your customers and where you're located. "This goes into the smack-your-forehead-no-duh category, but I see business blogs all the time that haven't managed to communicate the most basic of business information to people," says Martine. This info can be included in a blog must-have: the About Us page.

Highly visible and functional contact forms. "You need to make it ridiculously easy for your potential customers to contact you," he says. And, lead-generation aside, there's another reason for making contact as simple as possible—it doesn't look right if you're hard to reach, and customers might think twice about giving you their money.

Highly visible products/services pages. "What do you sell?" asks Martine. "Please tell me. Don't make me guess, because I won't—I'm already gone." As with your About Us page, he suggests hiring professional copywriters to create appealing pages for the products or services you sell, with the assurance that you'll see plenty of ROI on the investment.

The Po!nt: "You can do these … steps," says Martine. "They're not that difficult. They will help immensely. Remember: you're not in business to lose money, but to make it. Hand over fist is preferable."

Source: Remarkablogger. Click here for the post.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: