Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Stop the Wishy-Washy


I ordered a special piece of jewelry for my wife over the weekend from Amazon.

I knew what she wanted.

I knew how much it cost.

I knew when it would arrive.

Would you buy something that you didn't know how much it would cost?

Would you order something that might arrive "someday"?

Seth Godin has more:

Date certain

A powerful marketing tactic: tell me exactly when I'm going to get it.

"This project will be done noon on Tuesday."

"You'll get the shipment at 4 pm."

Fedex has made billions shipping packages that didn't even have to be there fast, they merely needed to arrive at a time that we knew about in advance.

We don't want to hear, "up to 11 business days." We hope you care more about our project than that.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: