Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Referrals

from Pat Mcgraw:

Who Do You Ask For Referrals?

Posted: 26 Nov 2010 06:00 AM PST

Pink Sherbert Photography

Since we’re in the Holiday Season, I thought it would be nice to spend a little time on getting what you want by asking others to help you get it.

And, of course, I am talking about how you can get more referrals.

Who should you ask for referrals? Why? And, most importantly, how? Most organizations don’t have a clue so they just avoid asking anyone. But if you think it through, this can be your most important source for new leads and customers in 2011.

First, who do you ask? Well, I strongly recommend asking only those customers that you really like working with. You see, not all customers are created equal and the same is true for referrals. Selectivity is critical.

Second, how do you ask? I like the direct approach – it’s clear, concise, respectful of everyone’s time.

Tom, when you come across a friend or colleague that could benefit from our services, I would appreciate it if you would call me and let me know. I will be happy to help them personally.

Not all that hard, is it? And I am betting you can come up with your own approach that’s even more effective for you and your business! Just give it some time and effort.

Finally, remember to thank the person that makes the referral. It doesn’t have to be money or anything more than a warm, friendly “Thanks!”

Then, keep them posted on the progress. After all, they are curious and want to make sure that the person they referred to you is enjoying a positive experience.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: