Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Is There a Formula for Advertising Success?

I say....

Yes.

And I wrote about it last week on one of my other blogs.

Collective Wisdom, the blog you are readying right now, is updated 3 times a day with wisdom from others besides myself.

A few years ago, I was asked to write a book on Advertising and Marketing and instead I decided to start another blog, The Not-So-Secret Writings of ScLoHo. Not very humble, I admit.

It's updated weekly, currently on Tuesdays.

Here is last weeks entry and my answer to the headline question:

The Formula for Advertising Success


Last month I was consulting with a gentleman who had a couple of marketing/advertising ideas.

He said marketing, I saw them as advertising.

Advertising is a paid form of marketing usually involving ads or commercials.

After hearing his ideas I realized that he was unaware of a basic formula that I've known and preached for years.

There really is a formula for Success in Advertising. Unfortunately a minority of people know it, and even less follow it.

Some do it be accident, but imagine how much more successful you could be if you consciously followed a formula.

Here it is:

Reach + Frequency + Message.

Put the word Right in front of each of those three words.

Reach is the number of different people that you ad will be exposed to.
Frequency is the number of times one person will be exposed to your ad.
Message is, well it IS your ad.

Every single form of advertising, from Billboards, to website banner ads, to radio ads, every form of advertising relies on this formula for success.

Before you agree to spend another nickle on advertising, consider these three elements.

Contact me if you need help. Scott @ ScLoHo.net

I'll dig deeper into each of these in the future.

As you were reading this, I updated the Not-So Secret Writings of ScLoHo with an insiders look at the first factor of that formula. Click here to read it now.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: