Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Magic Words


from my email:

Daily Sales Tip: Ask For The Order!

In my experience, I have found that rarely do prospects ask, "Where do I sign?"

Without being prompted to buy, they are far more likely to say something like, "I want to think it over," or "I want to get another price," which effectively terminates the interview. Leaving the close of the order to the volition of the prospect opens the door for almost certain failure. After all, in the mind of your prospect, if you really wanted to sell something, wouldn't you just ask for an order?

If you work on commission, you probably already realize that you can't afford to spend all the time laying the groundwork and then not ask for the order. Through the course of your presentation, it's likely you've completely sold your prospect. However, if you don't ask them to buy, you might as well have never opened your mouth. If selling is the way you intend to make your living, you'd better start asking people to buy.

Source: Sales consultant/author Roy Chitwood (www.maxsacks.com)

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: