Thursday, November 20, 2008

How to Annoy Your Customers


Think you are the only game in town?

That you can raise your prices and your customers will have to pay them?

Check this out from the Church of the Customer Blog and be sure to read the very end.

The Latest from Church of the Customer Blog


How much is that doggie ticket?

Posted: 19 Nov 2008 12:57 PM CST

If you fly with a small dog, be prepared to pay a lot.

I wanted to take Mini, my 10-pound toy poodle, with me during a Thanksgiving trip. My round-trip ticket cost: roughly $300.

Here were the round-trip costs for Mini to ride under the seat in front of me:

On most of the airlines, it would cost nearly the same to stow Mini as a carry-on bag under the seat in front of me as my own seat. On one airline, Mini's ticket would cost more than my own.

Just a few years ago, airlines were touting "fly with your pet" programs. This year, most airlines have raised all of their fees across the board, including pet fees.

Can someone explain the economics of extremely high pet fees? Are the airlines trying to disincentivize carry-on pets, or do they see it as easy money because of well-heeled dog owners?

As for my travel plans, I'm staying put.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: