Friday, August 15, 2008

Productivity Helpers

Wednesday night as I was cleaning out my email, I found this to share with you today:

Fighting the Urge to Do Useless Tasks

Posted: 04 Aug 2008 11:18 PM CDT

I hate to admit it, but sometimes I am a total wastrel when it comes to using my time wisely. There are days when I've been in my office all day - without a break - and it seems I've accomplished nothing.

MessydeskI'm even appalled at my own lack of discipline. But some tasks are distasteful; others are overwhelming. It's hard to get started. So I check my email again only to discover 19 new messages demanding my immediate attention.

But before I know it the day is gone forever, filled with the successful completion of useless tasks that I feel compelled to do - and not one step close to getting the main things done.

That's why I fell in love with Leo Babauta's article on ZenHabits today called "20 Strategies to Defeat the Urge to Do Useless Tasks."

I think he wrote it just for me - but you can have a peek.

Check out his multi-pronged strategies to beat the urge to do the useless - and get on to the more important things - like LIFE!

Related Articles

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: