Monday, May 05, 2008

Jack DeHaven


As a responsible writer, I want take a moment and tell you a story that I hope others will also learn from.

On January 13th, 2007, there was a story in the paper about DeHaven Chevrolet changing their name to Summit City Chevrolet. I wrote about how wrong I believed this was, due to the heritage and goodwill that the DeHaven name has built over the decades including a jingle that still rings in my head.

This past week, a number of people were landing on the story I wrote as they were searching in Google about information on Jack DeHaven and I was surprised by the sudden number of hits that my web page was getting. Then someone searched for information on the death of Jack DeHaven in Google. Still nothing showed up except what I wrote regarding the dealership name change.

I did my own search on the internet using Google, our local newspaper website, and the television websites. Nothing about the possible passing of Mr. DeHaven.

Until now.

I have updated the posting from January 13th to include the obituaries which is now on-line.

Click here to get more information, and our thoughts and prayers are with those who knew the DeHavens.

And now we know the rest of the story....

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: