Monday, November 15, 2010

Don't say this

from Jim Meisenheimer:

I Think Maybe I Can


I probably know what you're thinking, who would ever say something
like, "I think maybe I can?"

Well, I actually heard a sales representative say these words
during a sales call.

I was totally flabbergasted at what I heard.

I just couldn't believe he just said what he just said!

This is more common than you might imagine.

Stop and think for a minute. What's going on in your mind during
a sales call?

You're either talking or listening - probably talking, and
probably talking too much.

You're trying to cover all the bases.

If it's your first sales call to a sales prospect you're
definitely trying to create a favorable first impression.

You're also trying to anticipate objections.

You're also thinking about defending your price.

You're probably talking fast because you know your sales
prospect is a busy guy and won't be giving you all the time
you need.

Look, you're on the firing line. If you're like most salespeople
you can and do improvise what you say most of the time.

Unless you have prepared and practiced in advance, certain
elements of the sales call, what else can you do but improvise?

And when you improvise guess what happens?

What happens is you're likely to say things you don't remember
saying.

Just like the poor chap I was working with who said, "I think
maybe I can."

When the sales rep and I got back to his car and I asked him,
"What prompted you to say, I think maybe I can?"

He looked at me as though I had just threw a bucket of ice cold
water at him.

He said, "I said that?"

Of course, I had to say, "Yup!"

It was like he was, "Bewitched, bothered, and bewildered."

He just couldn't believe he said, "I think maybe I can" - but
he did.

Imagine - if you heard these words from:

Your surgeon says, "I think maybe I can do this operation for
you."

Your dentist says, "I think maybe I can extract this tooth for
you."

Your airline pilot says, "I think maybe I can get you to Chicago
today."

Your golf pro says, "I think maybe I can improve your golf game."

Certainly, if you heard someone say this to you, your first
instinct would be to skedaddle out of there immediately.

The way I see it if you're a professional sales representative
you shouldn't be saying something like this.

The bigger problem, however,is not realizing that you said it.

How many other things are you saying unconsciously?

Wouldn't you like to know for sure? Of course!

Most salespeople are optimists by nature and I know that.

And I also know that most of you reading this article truly
believe you're not saying things like this.

Well, you probably are!

I put together a collection of 31 pathetic phrases like, "I think
maybe I can."

There's a good chance you're saying some of these things you
shouldn't be saying when you're talking to your sales prospects
and customers.

I put them all in a Webinar titled, "How To Avoid Sounding
Pathetic During A Sales Call."

The Webinar is scheduled for December 9th.

You're either saying these things or you're not saying these
things and there's really only one way to find out.


Please keep reading . . .

`````````````````````````````````````````````````

How To Avoid Sounding Pathetic
During Your Sales Calls

Mark your calendars - December 9th at 4 PM.

Check it out here:

http://meisenheimer.com/products/Webinar-Pathetic.php

``````````````````````````````````````````````````

Sales Trailblazer Lessons

Salespeople want to know what they're getting before they buy
it.

Nothing wrong with that!

If you haven't already signed up to become a Sales Trailblazer
you probably don't know that there are 24 weekly lessons.

Here's what you get in the first five lessons:

1. Dream Big

2. Becoming The Best You Can Be

3. The A-B-C's Of Effective Goal Setting

4. How To Find Time For Yourself, Protect Your Sanity, Stay
Balanced, And Sell More

5. How To Avoid Making The Biggest Mistakes Most Salespeople
Make Part I

I'm ready when you are!


http://salestrailblazer.com

``````````````````````````````````````````````````

If Your Sales Manager Wants
To Become More Effective Please
Forward This Link To Him/Her

Learn what you need to know to be more effective:


http://effective-sales-management.com/New-sales-manager-webinar.htm

``````````````````````````````````````````````````

Stop Singing The Blues




Like you, I'm optimistic about most things.

We haven't slain the Dragon called Recession yet.

The tide is turning and I'm very optimistic that things in our
country, the things that matter most, are starting to improve.

I live in the Sarasota area and here's some of what I'm seeing.

Last month, Pat Neil - a local builder, sold 39 new homes. He's
been in business 40 years and it was his best month ever.

Automobile sales are improving nationwide. And I'm doing my
part - I bought a new one yesterday.

Barry, a friend of mine, told me he could not get into any of
the nine movies playing last weekend, because they were all
sold out.

During the last three weeks, every restaurant we went to had
a waiting line.

Things run in cycles. The US economy has been down. Okay, stop
and think for a minute, where do you think it's headed now? Yup!

I'm getting calls asking about when I'm scheduling my next
No-Brainer Selling Skills Boot Camp.

So I'm biting the bullet, booked the hotel yesterday, and pleased
to let you know that my 16th No-Brainer Selling Skills Boot Camp
is scheduled for April 13-14, 2011.

Naturally, I'm offering once again an early-bird registration fee.

If you want to make 2011 your best year in sales ever, why don't
you sign-up today for this unique sales training experience.

Please go here for details:

http://meisenheimer.com/info/bootcamp.htm

``````````````````````````````````````````````````

Favorite Quote


Aristotle was asked, "What is the difference between an educated and uneducated man?" He replied, "The same difference as between being alive and being dead."

Aristotle

``````````````````````````````````````````````````

Let's go sell something by focusing on value - not price . . .

Jim Meisenheimer

22 years . . .

529 customers . . .

72.7% repeat business . . .


P.S. - You should know by now that Sales Trailblazers aren't
born, they're made.

Lao-tzu, a Chinese Philosopher (604 BC - 521 BC) once said,
"A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step."

To become a Sales Trailblazer you must take a single step.

http://salestrailblazer.com

Please forward this Newsletter to someone else who
could benefit from these sales tips and selling strategies -
they'll thank you for it and of course so will I!

Jim Meisenheimer. 13506 Blythefield. Lakewood Ranch. FL. 34202
941-907-0415. jim@meisenheimer.com. http://startsellingmore.com

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: