Sunday, October 24, 2010

Gems from Jim

Jim Meisenheimer's latest newsletter in it's entirety.

(I've bought Jim's material, good stuff).


Missing The Opportunity
To Compliment Others


A few years ago I spent three days in St. Louis attending the
National Speakers Association Winter Workshop. I arrived late
Friday afternoon and my luggage arrived late Sunday afternoon.

Had that happened to me 15 years ago I would have gone "Ballistic"
for the entire weekend. I must be growing up because I treated
the "Entire luggage thing" as an inconvenience – and a minor one
at that.

During one of the breakout sessions a speaker emphasized it was
very important to tell people what they are doing right.

These genuine compliments will make people more receptive to you
and your ideas.

I thought it was a good concept and made a written note of it.

The next day I took a seat in the last row to hear the opening
general
session. A few minutes into the presentation a woman sat down
next to me and introduced herself as K.R.

After the initial introduction she said, “I've been using your
12 Best Questions To Ask Customers” for several years with
extremely good results."

WOW a compliment first thing in the morning! I told her, "That
makes my day."

Usually, after a program, I'm "Outa there." This time, however,
I stayed to chat with K.R. She told me about the work she's
doing and the book she was writing.

She also told me she was related to Albert Einstein, which she
has cleverly worked into the title of her first book.

When I go to these National Speaker Association workshops and
conventions I usually find myself running like a gazelle between
the breakout sessions.

The compliment got me to "Simmer Down" and take an interest in
K.R.'s business.

Anytime you have the opportunity to compliment a prospect or
an existing customer do it. If your compliment is sincere and
genuine your prospect may be more receptive and open to investing
more time with you and your ideas.

A few minutes before the next session began, we shook hands and
said "Goodbye."

I realized I wasn't touched by an Angel but I was touched by
an Einstein.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````

Another Testimonial for my
12 Best Questions To Ask
Customers Book

Today I purchased your book titled, "The 12 Best Questions To
Ask Customers
." I just wanted to take the time and say thank-you
for a fabulous book.

I read it quickly and received great content, and I'm now getting started on the action exercises.

Thanks again!

Jessica Nielsen

You can get your copy (eBook) plus bonuses here:

http://meisenheimer.com/products/salesquestions.htm

``````````````````````````````````````````````````

This Webinar Is For Sales Managers

If you're a new sales manager, you probably don't know what you
don't know.

Now you can discover what you need to know here:


http://effective-sales-management.com/New-sales-manager-webinar.htm

``````````````````````````````````````````````````


Become A Sales Trailblazer

One thing's for sure, the salespeople who signed up for my Sales
Trailblazer Sales Training Program are not members of the
"Mediocrity Brigade."

And how would I know this?

Fact: Only 1.25% of my mailing has signed up so far.

Bottom line - if you want better selling results you need to do
the things most salespeople don't do.


Sales Trailblazer Sales Training
http://salestrailblazer.com

``````````````````````````````````````````````````

Favorite Quotes

Poor delegation is a major cause for lost time.

Margaret McElroy

``````````````````````````````````````````````````

Make everyday a masterpiece . . .

Jim Meisenheimer

22 years . . .

529 customers . . .

72.7% repeat business . . .


P.S. - I'll bet your industry doesn't have many
sales trailblazers.

Are you up to the challenge?

http://salestrailblazer.com

Please forward this Newsletter to someone else who
could benefit from these sales tips and selling strategies -
they'll thank you for it and of course so will I!

Jim Meisenheimer. 13506 Blythefield. Lakewood Ranch. FL. 34202
941-907-0415. jim@meisenheimer.com. http://startsellingmore.com

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: