Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Phone Book Fiasco

Dave Young wrote this on his blog:

Have you seen a dog-eared Yellow Pages book lately?

Yp
Me neither.

My Facebook friend, Ruth, was asking for help researching a presentation she's giving to a bunch of Yellow Page advertisers and it got me thinking about this topic.

It used to be that your Yellow Pages book would get all dog-eared and doodled on in the course of the year. Every single Yellow Page book I've seen in the past couple of years has looked pristine. Shockingly pristine.

What a waste of money...good money by good people that are afraid NOT to advertise in this dead-tree environmental disaster. Millions of books printed, at a huge profit, just to spend a year on your desk in a drawer before heading to a landfill. Of course, that's just my opinion.

If you have a doodled-up, dog-eared Yellow Pages book, please snap a pic and send it my way...just for nostalgia's sake. My kids don't believe that people used to use them for any worthwhile purpose.

Image credit



When we received 12 new phone books, still wrapped in plastic at our office, I put them in a conference room so everyone could get one.

So far there are still 11 waiting for a home. 6 weeks have passed.

I took one because I use it for leads.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: