Wednesday, April 09, 2008

How much Spam do You get?


It's been 30 days since I stopped deleting my spam email. I use Google's G-mail service as a spam filter and I wanted to see how much I get in a month.

(After 30 day's G-mail starts dumping the oldest and today around 5:30pm, the number of spam messages reached their peak before Google started dumping the oldest).

My original prediction I made 10 days into this experiment was between 4000 and 5000. I was wrong.

Between March 8 and March 25th I had more than 2500 spam emails.

On April 4th I had 4340. My prediction was 4500. I was wrong.

The grand total for today was 5202. Thankfully G-mail does an excellent job. There were only about 30 emails that G-mail thought were spam, but were not. And there were only 3 emails that were spam that G-mail didn't catch.

Pretty good for a free service. Thanks Google!

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: