Monday, April 07, 2008

Iced Coffee is HOT


Coffee. Some people can't live without their favorite cup of mud for a buck. Others have to have it just right at 5 or 6 bucks a serving. Here's an example of how to get your customers to spread the word about your product, across the entire country.

McDonald's introduced Ice Coffee last year around various parts of the country, but not Southern California until last week according to a story from Mediapost:

SoCal McDonald's Gives Away Iced Coffee
Monday, Apr 7, 2008 5:00 AM ET
FROM THURSDAY TO SUNDAY, PARTICIPATING restaurants in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura counties gave away all day free eight-ounce cups of McDonald's Premium Roast Iced Coffee.

Cream and sugar are added to each Iced Coffee, so ordering is easier, faster and more convenient for people on-the-go.

The new Premium Roast Iced Coffee comes in five flavors: Hazelnut, Vanilla, Caramel, Sugar-Free Vanilla and Regular, and is available in either 24-ounce or 32-ounce sizes for the suggested retail price of $1.89 or $2.19. The new beverage lineup is currently offered at participating Southern California McDonald's restaurants including Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura Counties.





And according to this website, customers everywhere are getting hooked on them, (including my wife):

"Had my first Iced Coffee on Mothers Day, and that was a mistake, because I am hooked. I love them!! I could drink one everyday. Hazelnut is the best! Please McDonald's don't stop selling them!"

"I went to Mo. to visit my daughter and she bought me a iced coffee at McDonald's. It was wonderful but can't get it here in Arkansas.... Please send it our way!!Soon!!"


"My husband and I went to Las Vegas and after walking the strip stopped in for some iced coffee, OMG I am in LOVE. I really wish we had it in Oklahoma. We have sweet tea, which I enjoy but, the iced coffee is the best!
"

Now, if McDonald's had done a country wide launch on the same day everywhere, I doubt that they would have created the buzz. Instead by rolling out their Iced Coffee the way they did, it created the demand for the product before it was available!

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: