Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Think like N.A.S.C.A.R.



The first time I saw a N.A.S.C.A.R. race, I saw the colorful cars with lots and lots of sponsors plastered all over them. As a kid who grew up with the plain, open-wheeled Indy 500 cars every May, N.A.S.C.A.R. was pretty cool.

You need to think like N.A.S.C.A.R. Get your name and contact information on all kinds of promotional products, like coffee mugs, pens, whatever your customers would use. It's called part of your marketing Branding.

Nearly all the refrigerator magnets at my home are advertising related. There's the one from my carpet cleaner, one from my bank, another from a home improvement guy that helped me install a stubborn toilet.

I don't buy pens anymore. Instead, I distribute my clients pens when I'm visiting other clients.

(By the way, if you bought some promotional pens or other goodies and you are using them in your own office, shame on you. Get them out into the hands of people that might become your customers.)

Promotional nicknack's are a big business these days according to this story from Mediapost:

Advertising Specialties Sales Hit Record
Wednesday, Apr 9, 2008 5:00 AM ET
THE ADVERTISING SPECIALTY INSTITUTE REPORTS that industry revenues reached $19.6 billion in 2007, up 5.4% from 2006 and a new record.

Spending on advertising specialties, or promotional products--items and incentives branded with a company logo or marketing message--was 83% greater than radio advertising, 73% greater than Internet display ads and nearly five times larger than outdoor advertising for the same period.

--Nina M. Lentini

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: