Monday, May 24, 2010

Words or Actions


There are too many cliches in the advertising we see and hear. Please do yourself and your business a favor and follow this advice from the THINKing blog:

We Care. No, Really!

Listening to the radio today I heard an ad that actually said “because we care.” That was their brand promise. I hear or see lame marketing statements like this too often.

Truth is that company on the radio does not care. If it really cared, they’d spend enough time thinking about why people should do business with them and then develop a brand promise around that.

You can tell me that you care until the cows come home and I won’t believe you. It’s empty chest-thumping. But I know caring when I see it. If you and your people demonstrate to me that they care, then I’ll spread the message for you and it will become part of your brand promise.

Take the time to do the research, define your audience, hone your message and then develop relevant, impactful and original advertising and marketing programs to spread the word. Otherwise, it is clear to all that you just don’t care.

What do you think?

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

MyCreativeTeam said...

Thanks for reposting my article. I hope your readers will share their thoughts on this topic.