Tuesday, January 27, 2009

How to be a Successful Sales Manager

From Jill Konrath:

Selling to Big Companies Blog


Insights on B2B Sales Training

Posted: 18 Jan 2009 06:25 PM CST

In 6th grade, Mrs. Granger told me I was loquacious*. At that time, that was probably the biggest word I'd ever heard. I had no idea what it meant, but it was an impressive word worth remembering. But the truth is, she was right.

ImagesSeveral months ago HR Tools asked me to write a bi-monthly column on B2B Sales Training. Even though I train salespeople all the time, I seldom write about on the topic.

And I never write for sales managers or business owners. Everything I do is for "sellers."

In fact, I didn't even realize I had much to say on this topic, until they asked. Go figure.

So if you're the boss, here are my thoughts on how you can help your salespeople get quickly up to speed or take their business to the next level:

*Loquacious is an adjective that means, "talking or tending to talk much or freely; talkative; chattering; babbling; garrulous: a loquacious dinner guest."

And yes, I am a wonderful dinner guest too. I promise a great conversation!

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: