Friday, April 25, 2008

Did BK go too Far?

When I hear the words Iron Man, First thing that pops in my head is the opening to the Black Sabbath song, blaring out of my cheap stereo speakers from my teen years.



Next, I think of a marathon endurance contest of some sort. I don't think of Burger King. And apparently, there are parents that don't want their kids to think of Iron Man (The Movie) when eating their BK kids meals. Mediapost fills us in:

Group Asks Burger King To Pull 'Iron Man' Kids' Meal Toy
by Laurie Sullivan
[Restaurant] Paramount made the agreement with Burger King, and the film industry should be held equally responsible, says the Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood's Josh Golin. "I don't think we should allow corporations to make [parenting] more difficult and confusing," he says. "If 'Iron Man' isn't a movie for 3-year-olds, asking companies not to market to them doesn't seem unreasonable." - Read the whole story...

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: