Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Connecting


This type of Connecting I'm talking about is actually more commonly known as Networking.

Here's two examples of what happened today:

1. I visit a former client of mine about an advertising proposal. Not what he's looking for, so I decide to dig deeper and have some homework to do. I ask him before I leave if he is still working with XXX who developed his website. He mentions he needs to redo his site and I tell him who I am going to refer to him.

45 minutes later, I am meeting with a referral from my website developer friend and Mr. Website, happens to walk in, and I tell him about my earlier meeting. Mr. Website, hops in his car to meet with the guy that needs a new website. We'll find out later how this turns out.

2. At the suggestion of a friend at a local ad agency and fellow blogger, a few months ago I created the Fort Wayne Forum. It's a website that's open to anyone in Fort Wayne Indiana to connect and design and take the forum in whatever direction they want, as long as it is clean and polite.

This morning, I notice a new member has joined, and it is a name I remember from a few years ago. I welcome him aboard and want to promote him to you too. His name is Jim and this is his profile:

I'm a self-employed writer and producer of commercial music, native to Fort Wayne... married, two grown kids. Working in my studio alone, I use a couple of online forums as my water cooler. Check out my tunes at the website.
Website:
www.gravitymusic.com
If you are looking for an excellent jingle, or musical image, check out his website and contact him.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: