Saturday, September 03, 2011

Insane Email Marketing

from Pat Mcgraw:

Minor League Email Lessons

Posted: 05 Aug 2011 07:05 AM PDT

cluttered mail

About 5-years ago, I purchased two baseball caps online. Both were minor league team caps and I purchased them from the each team’s website.

Both teams are located thousands of miles from where I live. The caps costs about $25 each, plus shipping, and they represent the one and only purchase I have ever made from either team.

Within a year, one team stopped sending me emails.

But today, I received yet another email from the other team. I get about 2-4 per month, depending on the time of year. And the content is typically pushing me to buy tickets to a game or merchandise from the store.

I haven’t unsubscribed because it’s easier to just delete the emails as they come in. I only occasionally scan them because I am hoping they might be sending me something that interests me versus pushing ticket sales and merchandise.

Anyway, here’s my point. When was the last time you cleaned your email list? Do you try to engage your readers in a conversation or do you just prefer to push your message on them over and over and over again? And, finally, what’s the definition of insanity?

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: