Wednesday, May 19, 2010

An Easy Way


to get testimonials:

Daily Sales Tip: An Easy Way to Secure Testimonials

One of the most common comments you'll hear from clients when asking for testimonials is, "Well I'm really not much of a writer, so it's hard for me to put it into words."

The real power of testimonials comes from the fact that they're not polished...they're authentic and from the heart. A marketing professional I know quite well recently shared with me his secret about how he addresses this issue in his business: "I borrowed an idea from John Caples -- one of the great copywriters of the 20th century. When asking a client for a testimonial, he'd simply say 'Finish this sentence in 25 words or less: I really like (product/service/person) because...'

"This really works because it gets right to the point about the feelings people have for you, for what you do and for what you're selling."

Source: Colleen Francis, president and founder of Engage Selling Solutions


Sphere: Related Content

No comments: