Monday, July 09, 2007

An invitation

Too many times in the past year or two, I have people comment that I was an expert in marketing, that I should be consulting, or that in one hour, they got more information about the direction of their company than they had ever received.

Recently, a friend of mind, who is a Veep at a local bank introduced me to one of her new hires as an expert in marketing, and gave such a glowing recommendation, that it was time for action. The other thing that has happened recently involves the company I work for in the radio business. Once again we did some restructuring and once again, I remained, and will unless, I make the move to leave, so it seems. I mean, I gave what could have been a farewell talk to a friend and co-worker, who was making the decision about who was going to stay and who was going to go, and the next thing I know, he's asking me to stay and take over some of the responsibilities of the folks he is going to be letting go!

I know why this happened, it has to do with why I came to work here in the first place. It is because of a passion I have for businesses to succeed. Small and Medium size businesses, really have the odds stacked against them, and if I can take what I have learned over the past 20 plus years and help them make better decisions... that's what my purpose was for returning to the radio business.

Not that the radio business is the answer. It was just that the radio business was my area of expertise, having worked in it since I was 16. But now, the bigger picture has come into focus, and while it is not crystal clear yet, I see that it is time to move in the direction of this bigger picture.

When you click here, you will be taken to a new blog that I am writing to preserve my thoughts, theory's, observations and reflections. It will end up in a book, work book, or it will be the foundation for a new business that I will be developing over the next several months. I invite you to take a peek, add a comment if you wish. Collective Wisdom will continue to be the place to go for the wisdom of many. The new blog will be entirely my own writings, with credit and thanks to all those who I have and am learning from.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: