Monday, April 18, 2005

Turning over a new leaf

Sometimes we know what needs to be done but we don't do it. Why? Well perhaps we need a plan of action, a game plan, something more than wishful thinking. I can work defensively (where I am trying to either catch up, or try and fix mistakes) or offensively (where I am prepared and have most of my bases covered) If we are in the habit of playing defense, it can be a slow killer of the soul, of our spirit, until we have nothing left to offer but excuses. It takes repeated effort and determination to change to offense.

Now I know personally and professionally and have witnessed in others how this will effect your success in life. It is less stressful to move forward instead of trying to cover your tracks.

Ok, enough of this, how about some practical application:

1. Do you want more sales? Then contact more prospects. Plan ahead who you will contact, I'm talking about a list complete with phone numbers, and any other notes regarding that particular prospect that will move you forward.

2. Follow through. Actually make the calls, schedule a time to do it. Then do the follow up in a timely manner.

3. Or how about planning your wardrobe the night before? (Maybe you can plan 5 days worth on Sunday night!)


Then there are other habits, I've started to force myself to do. For some reason, my keys where ending up in a number of places and pockets. Now they always go in my right front pants pocket, until I come home then they have a special hook in the kitchen. Less unnecessary stress.

One last thought. If your life is like a pile of manure, you'll attract flies. If it like a flower garden, you'll attract honey bees. It's your choice.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: