Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Kindness Matters

Last year I got to be a very generous soul at Christmas time. My group of radio stations acquired a number of gift cards to a nice national steak house and I gave them to my out of town clients.

I received several thank you notes via email and some hand written. Apparently the way I did it, a personalized card for each person that I dealt with over the past year at these advertising agencies, was unusual.

And I did my homework too. I double checked to make sure this steak house had a location in each of the cities I was mailing the gift cards to, ranging from Portland, Maine; Louisville, Kentucky; to South Bend and Indianapolis, Indiana.

What are you doing to show kindness to your customers and clients?

Here's Pat Mcgraw:

Show Your Customers A Little Love

Posted: 22 Nov 2010 06:00 AM PST

customer retention, loyalty, lead generation

Times are tough. We’re all busting our humps trying to do the work of several people and it’s all too easy to get caught up in ‘getting it done’ – and that can lead to missed opportunities to enjoy the moment and letting your customers know how much you appreciate their business.

When was the last time you told your customers that you loved them?

Yesterday, I got a card in the mail from my dentist. He was thanking me for coming in for my last appointment – nothing else. He didn’t try to sell me something, he just thanked me.

I showed that card to everyone I know – and I am willing to bet that my words of praise will motivate one or two of my friends to give my dentist a try.

Can you say customer retention, loyalty and referrals?!

Last week, my wife received an invitation to special event at a local retailer. Customers only! Special preview of the new Winter line! Free food and drinks.

Of course the invitation said she could bring one special friend – so she will do just that. It’s like she got an invitation to an inaugural ball.

So as we enter the holiday season and (hopefully) make the time to slow down and think about what we’re thankful for, you might want to take an extra moment and let your customers know how much you appreciate their business.

Chances are that random act of kindness will come back many times over.

What does your business do to show its customers that they are appreciated? Do you do business with anyone that makes sure you know you are appreciated? How do they show the love?

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: