Monday, March 01, 2010

The Future is here


from my email:

Daily Sales Tip: Action Rules, Speed Wins

The big question in business used to be, "What have you done for me lately?" Today we're not so interested in what happened "lately" anymore. Today we're interested in what happens next. We have truly become an "I want it yesterday" society and we have no patience for what we judge to be unnecessary waiting. If you make me wait, you lose.

If I could pass along one strategy that I've observed in top sales performers, it would be this: Do it now. Take action. Stop thinking about it and do it. Top performers fear being stuck in indecision much more than they fear mistakes. They rightly believe that mistakes can be corrected, but standing still in a constantly moving marketplace can be fatal. Columbus didn't spend all his life standing around arguing whether or not the world was flat. He finally said, "Guys, let's get in the boat and go. We may go over the edge but it beats sitting around here."

Along with a propensity for action is a need for speed. So you'll get back with me tomorrow? Great. That gives me lots of time to find somebody else to do business with because you're fired. Believe it or not, I still run into people who take great chest-swelling pride in their policy of returning calls within 24 hours. Wake up and smell the millennium, folks. It's the 21st century, not the 19th.

While you're looking at your calendar to find a time to get back to your customers, co-workers, or vendors, they're looking at their watches.

Source: Branding consultant/business author Joe Calloway (www.joecalloway.com)

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: