Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Customer Contact


From an email I get from the RAB:

Daily Sales Tip: The Power of Customer Service

I used an insurance man for years. He took me to breakfast for a review of my insurance needs every six months. At the conclusion of reviews more often than not, he said he thought my insurance matched my needs and he will call me again in six months. I liked him. I believed him. I trusted him.

Now I have a new insurance man. He calls me often. But every time he tries to sell me something. I don't like him. I don't think he has my best interests at heart.

Call on your clients often. Do not try to sell them something every call. Take them marketing information, ideas beyond advertising, information about their competitors. They'll like you. They'll believe you. They'll trust you.

Source: John Potter, Radio Advertising Bureau VP/Training

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: