Tuesday, September 16, 2008

How Flexible are You?


I either customize every presentation, or I personalize every presentation.

What's the difference?

Customize means putting specific elements for a client into the proposal and those elements are picked based on what my client needs.

Personalize means I take one of the programs I have, "off the shelf" and add my client's logo and language that apply to a specific client and make it look like a custom presentation.

Either way, I offer the solutions that my clients need to solve their marketing problems.

Shep Hyken explains this concept:

Flexibility – A Key To Great Service

The best companies are flexible ones. They understand their
customers' different needs and adapt to them. Not everyone is
the same. There is a big buzz word in the business word. It is
"customization."

Some people need a lot of customizing. Others don't. I'm amazed
when I go with my mother to lunch and she orders a salad. You
think that would be simple, but then she starts telling them what
to put on it, leave off of it and what type of special dressing
she wants on the side. It reminds me of a scene from the movie
"When Harry Met Sally." Just about every time the server says,
"No problem."

Then there is me. I ask, "What kind of dressing do you have for
the salad?" I'm told there is Italian, French and Ranch. I
simply say, "French sounds great."

In both cases there was customization. My mother demanded more,
I just chose one of the options. In both cases we were taken
care of, without any hassle. Doing business with any type of
company should be this easy.

In some cases you may have to pay for customization. But, if you
get what you want it is worth it.

Flexibility goes a long way in delivering outstanding service.

Copyright © 2004– Shep Hyken, Shepard Presentations

Shep Hyken, CSP is a professional speaker and author who works
with organizations who want to build loyal relationships with
their customers and employees. For more information on Shep's
speaking programs, books and tapes contact (314)692-2200 or
Shep@hyken.com. (www.hyken.com)

Shepard Presentations, LLC
711 Old Ballas Road, Suite 215
St. Louis, MO 63141

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: