Friday, March 14, 2008

Starbucks =Starmud?


Tales from our road trip. While on vacation, my wife and I have visited our share of Starbucks and some other coffee serving establishments.

My wife is a coffee connoisseur. Me? I just know what I like (a White Mocha, I call it my desert coffee), and a few other straight coffee's from a couple of places locally, and even McDonald's.

So, on our vacation, we have had a lot of disappointment with Starbucks. We visited a couple in Northwest Indiana, and also Chicagoland. We are spending two nights in Libertyville, Illinois and they have some of the worst brewed coffee at Starbucks. Today we were at a SB in downtown Chicago, and my wife had to have them remake her drink twice.

If this is Starbucks now, I wonder how bad they were before their 3 hour training session last month?

If Starbucks has to keep remaking drinks, then they will lose not just money, but customers who won't complain, they'll just stop coming in.

We will be taste testing more SB's over the next three days as we head from Chicago, to Indianapolis, and then back to Fort Wayne, Indiana. Here's to hoping they do a better job at the SB's we visit in the Hoosier State.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: